Dear Howard and Colleagues,

Many thanks for your contribution! This is the third time we have a New Year
Lecture, and the first one devoted to humanities. Well, to the "inhumanities"
should I say, as what you have depicted succinctly with the Lucifer Principle
describes the main evil that has been torturing human history.

There are matters of detail to comment (as previous messages have already
pointed out), but also of general perspective. First about the apparent
simplicity. The LP scheme looks simple, too simple... but at the same time it
may be powerful, really powerful in explanatory capabilities. I really do not
particularly like any of the three components involved (super-organism, pecking
order, meme/group-identity), and do not trust much about their respective
"scientificity", but their combination is chilling. It reminds some of the
Marxian strictures about class struggle, partially right but missing and
transposing essential ingredients of human life. Presumably some more
objectivity in this case --but also missing some counterpart, say the
"Archangel Principle", that has confronted and resisted the solvent forces of
the Luciferian complex and, in the long trend, supported the complexity growth
of societies and improved their structural decency.

With only the action of LP, history would not go beyond barbaric empires
briefly raising from a mosaic of ever fighting tribes... That's plausible, and
some parties may remind Tom Stonier in this list, late 90's I think, on warfare
as part of the adaption scenario of human evolution. Then, what could be the AP
"bright forces" of history that have counteracted LP? The Pantheon of
politheistic cultures could give a hint... I venture to single out three
components of AP: knowledge, justice, and the third... what about
love/compassion?

Anyhow, both the details of your LP scheme and the general canvas of human
history need an informational perspective, we completely agree. And it is
interesting that the whole trinity of LP have biological/informational origins;
but disentangling the info physics from the info bios has not been done yet
(and so your final comment is well intended but still confusing in my view).
Let me ad, looking both at the achievements of our times and at the open
intractable conflicts, that it is amazing the absence of a real international
system of justice...

Discussing on justice, on its capability to social problem solving and to
quench the LP permanent hunger, might not be a bad idea.

Best wishes to all for the New Year.
--Pedro