Dear Stan, Pedro et al.,

I think it is correct and useful of Stan to force ((;-)) us to keep in mind
questions of being and of our Being to which, today, we can bring an
informational perspective. I would just also like to recall that information
can be and is added in processes which evolve counter to the 2nd Law, that is,
result in the emergence of more complex or higher-level entities or systems.
The paradigm principle is, as I have said before, the Pauli Exclusion Principle
for fermions (electrons) which enables complex systems to form using the
residual uncompensated charge on their lower-level components.

I particularly liked Stan's idea that change may be sought by Being, which
reminds one of the wonderful aphorism of Blake: "Eternity is in love with the
productions of time".

The other half of the phrase is that change may be forced upon Being, but this
begs the question of by what or by whom? Placing 'forced' in opposition to
'spontaneous' is a restatement of the problem of determinism and indeterminism.
At our macro- (or meso-) level, I personally hold that nothing, that is, no
informational change is completely spontaneous although it may have that
appearance.

It is not necessary to debate this point here or perhaps anywhere! What is
important is that talking of such questions in informational terms insures a
proper scientific or if you prefer metascientific attitude toward change in its
duality and complexity. This is what I understand as part of the FIS.

Best wishes,

Joseph