Joseph -- Regarding:

?As it turns out, however, Speculative Realism possesses its own set of
weaknesses which can be ascribed in a general way to its retention of
concepts embodying classical binary, truth-functional logic. These include
an ontology of 'things' rather than processes as the furniture of the
world, a logic of non-contradiction and a ground of existence that has
reason and value, but excludes the possibility of a ground of existence
which includes incoherence and contradiction.

S: Well, why cannot processes be described by subsetting? As in: {energy
dissipation {work {building a box}}}

and

{energy dissipation {finds quickest route around an obstruction {fails to
win the race}}}

STAN