John:

Is this just another example of the mis-communication between scientists
trained in different disciplines?

Is it merely an artifact of the mis-use of terms?

In this case, can the mis-communication can be traced back to the
mis-understanding of the difference between the semiosis of mass (Newton’s
laws) and the semiosis of electricity (Coulomb’s Law)?

So, John, I would ask for your interpretation:

What is the first layer, mass or electricity?
What form of type theory motivates you to select one type over the other type
as either firstness or secondness?
Is the essential nature of the information in the putative first layer of the
same essential character as the nature of the information in the putative
second layer?

Furthermore, is or is not the second layer quantum mechanical?
Or, is the first layer constrained by quantum chemistry and a second layer
merely an existential QM-illiterate consequence of the electro-dynamics of
atomism?

Cheers

Jerry