Dear FIS Colleagues,

As I have noted on other occasions, Brian Josephson deserves our respect for
his fundamental discoveries in solid-state physics (the Josephson junction).
Unfortunately, a subsequent foray into physics - his alleged demonstration of
cold nuclear fusion - was a fraud.

Despite the prestigious venue of this current effort, in my opinion, it
faithfully reproduces every weakness and instance of circular reasoning and
binary thinking that is hampering progress in understanding reality, its
relations and the origin of meaning. I get incensed at the repetition that it
is algorithms that must be used to better understand biological systems. I, as
well as many others, have never believed that nature was meaningless but that
the process of meaning had to be defined carefully to avoid hand-waving
nonsense.

Without the necessary grounding in physics, which Josephson's references do not
seem to provide (please correct me here), the term used by Josephson of
'entangled intra-relating' is empty. To say that reality and image are
different but connected, a pipe and an image of a pipe, is not incorrect but
trivial. The connections are, exactly, non-interactive, without energy exchange.

If someone can point to a single new and valid statement that Josephson has
made that adds to our understanding of nature and biological organization,
perhaps he/she could point it out.

Thank you and best wishes,

Joseph