Dear Stan,

> On 20 Mar 2018, at 20:22, Stanley N Salthe <ssal...@binghamton.edu> wrote:
>
> Bruno -- In this context I like to point out the constraints on our abilities
> of perception.  First, we are physical.

That is a strong metaphysical assumption. See my paper for showing this is not
compatible with the Digital Mechanist hypothesis in the cognitive science,
which is my working hypothesis.

Perception is a relative indexical relation between a (digital) machine
(number, combinators, pattern of game of life, whatever) and other plausible,
from its perspective, universal or not entities (infinitely many below the
substitution level, making both matter and consciousness not Turing emulable
(in the Mechanist perspective).

There are evidences for a physical reality, but I am not sure there are
evidence for a primary physical reality. The use of math in physics is well
explained if the physical appears to be a mathematical reality seen from
internal creature represented, relatively incarnated or implemented in that
mathematical reality.

I can prove, if you agree with very elementary arithmetic, the existence of the
computations and the machine running them. I cannot prove the existence of a
physical universe, but if Mechanism is true, the physical universe appearance
can and must be explained by a statistics on all computations (seen in a first
person way). That makes mechanism testable and indeed, thanks to Quantum
Mechanics (without collapse) it fits very well up to now.

> Thus:
>
> {physical {material {biological {animal {mammal {primate {human {socialized
> {with accumulated personal history }}}}}}}}}

Ok, but you will need “magical” (non Turing emulable, nor Recoverable) ability
in your matter to select some computation.

You invoke the God “Matter", but if it plays a role, I am no more sure I can
say yes to …the doctor and survive qua computation.

Mechanism and Materialism, which are often used together, can be shown
incompatible (it is basically my PhD thesis, and it is summed up in most of my
papers).

So it is more like

{arithmetical{dream-like{biological{conscious{physical{{animal {mammal {primate
{human {socialized {with accumulated personal history }}}}}}}}}

> Hence, actuality is for us non-existent.

?
Is not actuality existent *for us*, phenomenologically, and non-existent
Ontologically, I guess you mean.  I am not sure I understand well.

> We live in a constructed reality.

The whole physicalness is indeed the arithmetic seen from the internal
arithmetical beings, but the person attached to them are not arithmetical not
even analytical (not even third person describable in any way).

I am aware that what I say contradicts 1500 years of (Aristotelian) theology,
but then it was enforced by 1500 years of argument per authority, sometimes
violent.

Best,

Bruno