Dear Karl,
In my reply to Sung I was dealing with the asymmetry of probability
distributions.
Probability distributions are presented on the Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution
Don't read all this page, the beginning should suffice.
Then, the skewness is explained on an other wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skewness
Possibly the content of these two pages is unclear for you.
In order to avoid a huge of long and non necessary explanations, you
may tell me what you already know about probability distributions and
what was unclear from my post, then I can explain more efficiently.
However, I let Sung explain about his own post :)
Best regards,
Michel.