I've done some testing, the problem was introduced with sudo revision
f9aec9ab9054, but the changes from revision 8649bf22b3b2 are needed to get
sudo to build. Sources from www.sudo.ws. This is the description of the
changeset:

Store info from stat(2)ing the tty in the tty ticket when tty tickets
> are in use.  If the tty lives on a devpts (Linux) or devices (Solaris)
> filesystem, stash the ctime in the tty ticket file, as it is not
> updated when the tty is written to.  This helps us determine when
> a tty has been reused without the user authenticating again with
> sudo.

Anyone who knows about devpts/tty's etc interested in also having a look?

Jan