That addition of ptrdiff_t was added in one of the last changesets. So
you're probably compiling the right version, but there's a bug. It appears
that on my system, ptrdiff_t is defined through including <stddef.h>, which
is more or less accidentally included in common.c via including
<ncurses.h>. I'm not quite sure why this doesn't work for your system, but
anyway util.c should include stddef.h. I've added it on my system, will
push it tonight or tomorrow.

Jan