Hi Ian,

your vi-mode works wonderful.
I've only the problem with the 'w' and 'e' keys, which place the cursor to
the space, rather the last/first letter in the word. It would be also good
to have the mode indicator. The variable that I can put to the fish_prompt.

> Two questions I've come up with while doing this:
>
> 1. Is there a way to get the unescaped commandline?
>
> 'commandline' returns the escaped commandline, which is great if you
> want to evaluate it, but not so good if you need to edit it or
> manipulate the cursor based on the content in it. commandline -C
> returns the cursor position of the unescaped version, which is
> therefore inconsistent with commandline.
That is strange, because I get the unescaped commandline:

> bind \et 'echo; commandline'
Put something like:
> run echo asdf\ sdf 'sdf sdf \' sd
f'

press AltT and see the very same text in the output.
If I redirect it to the editor, I can edit it.

Maxim