Hi,

I had the same problem, though never have written about it because it
seems to be
fixed in a latest beta-releases.

It seems, that what is gets frozen or looped is 'eval' function, which is
called inside 'alias'.

Try commenting your aliases. You can define functions instead (anyway
alias creates a function):
function du
     du -ch $argv
end
funcsave du

You even do not need to write it to the config.fish, just save them with
the 'funcsave'

What fish version do you use? The old stable one or the new beta from
https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell?

Maxim