Hi Gour,

Been a while since I looked at this.  But yep, tempfile wasn't as common as
I initially thought.

There's a slightly more recent version of the "activate.fish" script here:

https://bitbucket.org/otherchirps/virtualenv

This one relies on the GNU coreutils 'mktemp' command instead.

BUT, don't use that.

That fix of mine eventually got hacked on, and wonderfully superceded with
a version that skips needing any temp files at all.

https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv

Looks like that went in at least 4 months ago.

If you just want the file itself, here's the direct link:

https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/blob/master/virtualenv_embedded/activate.fish

- Chris.