Hi,

I'm experimenting with fish.  If I type "ifconfig <TAB>", I get:

    > ifconfig
    -allmulti     arp                          io_addr
 netmask
    -arp          broadcast                    irq
 pointopoint
    -broadcast    del                          lo  (Network interface)
 promisc
    -pointopoint  down       (Stop interface)  media
 sit0  (Network interface)
    -promisc      dstaddr                      mem_start
 sit1  (Network interface)
    add           eth0    (Network interface)  metric
tunnel
    address       eth0:1  (Network interface)  mtu
 txqueuelen
    allmulti      hw                           multicast                up
     (Start interface)

This is very cool.  However, if I type "ifconfig d", I get:

    > ifconfig *D*ownloads/

This is verry jarrying (capitalization and all), since ifconfig has nothing
to do with files in the working directory.  If I type a <TAB>, it works as
expected:

    > ifconfig d<TAB>
    del  down  (Stop interface)  dstaddr

So, in the above case, it's just the autosuggestion that's totally wrong;
the tab completion seems fine.

However, if I type "ifconfig c"—notice no ifconfig option or subcommand
starts with 'c'—it suggests a local filename:

    > ifconfig *c*hrome.8716.trace

And in this case even tab completion gets it wrong:

    > ifconfig *c*<TAB>
    > ifconfig chrome.8716.trace # should beep or do nothing

So my questions are:

  - How to I tell fish to never autosuggest filenames for a certain
command, ever?
  - How to I tell fish to never tab-complete filenames for a certain
command, ever?

I tried adding 'complete -c ifconfig -f' with no extra options to
ifconfig.fish, but it didn't work.