On Thu, 8 Nov 2012, Leonardo Boiko wrote:
> That's nice, thanks!
>
> fish, if it isn't much trouble, couldn't we get a debian/ directory
> added to the main github repo? That would make it more convenient for
> debian/ubuntu users to fork, clone, and build their own packages.

You can pull in the debian directory from my fork if you like (although it
gets rebased onto HEAD pretty regularly, which might muck things up).

You do have to be careful on Debian and Ubuntu with installing packages
with the same name from more than one source. The patches in my repository
are called fishfish and conflict with fish, but if you create a package
`fish` with the version `2.0.0` you may not receive the official package
when it is released.

If you want to use the name `fish` on your packages (to upgrade from
installed versions of old releases), you should use something like
1.23.1+20120106.git8b407a3-1 on Debian and carefully test the version
numbers using dpkg --compare-versions.

David Adam
zanc...@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au