Hello Luc,

We neglected to thank you for taking the time to report this bug, and also
taking the time to isolate it. So a sincere thank you!

Regarding your critique of the development process: fish is beta software, and
as such, serious bugs are to be expected, on both trunk and the official
download page. I hope to produce a 2.0 release candidate by the end of the
year. Once we have an official fish 2.0, we'll switch to a more responsive
release cycle, and bugs like the one you reported would result in a new release
in a matter of days.

That said, I admit that the download page has languished for too long, and I
should have been producing updates with more regularity.

Thanks for giving the new fish shell a try!
_fish