Well, we are in the process of moving many completions to functions,
the reason being exactly what you wish for. Check out pacman.fish, it
merely contains a call to the function __fish_complete_pacman with
"pacman" as argument. If you use an alias for pacman, say "pm", all
you need to do is create a copy of pacman.fish as pm.fish, edit it
like this:
__fish_complete_pacman pm
and presto, pm has the same completions as pacman.