Hi,

On 04/21/2013 12:21 PM, ridiculous_fish wrote:
> I installed fish on CentOS 5.8 i386  to try to reproduce this problem.
>
> What I found is, for some reason, 'make install' takes a very long time,
> especially when installing the completion files. During this time the system
> is unresponsive in many ways, including the issue you describe, where
> commands take a long time to complete. Once the installation finishes it is
> responsive again.
>
> Are you still experiencing this problem? Is it possible you had an
> installation occurring in the background?

I did not notice anything special during `make install’.  (To make sure,
I re-ran it just now.  I also did a `fish_update_completions’, which
went by quick, too.)

The problem still occurs, and there is no install process running in the
background.

If there is anything else I should try, just let me know.

Thanks,

        Elias