accurate with ultrasound, so I would use their date.  Mares foaling in the
earlier part of the year go longer than average (340 days) and mares in the
summer
go shorter than average.  Of course, there is always an exception!  This year
we are using the CHEMetrics milk test strips
http://www.chemetrics.com/visprods/foalwatch.htm.  They come highly recommended
from other breeders.  The
problem with the "laying down device" is that all my Fjords lay down and snore
every day.  I don't think I'd like to check them every time they are cutting
some
ZZZs.

On the insurance question, the question was regarding agents and not
insurance carriers.  There are a handful of insurers writing horse mortality
and
liability policies.  That's actually good because it's a specialty market.  A
good
agent will shop among various carriers to get you the best quote.  And premium
rates will vary depending on what state you live in, what you are trying to
insure and what carriers are writing in your state.  Some states, like WV at
the moment, are terribly difficult to get any liability coverage in because of
the state regulation.

I've never used the Fry Agency, but I have heard good things about them.  If
they have gotten you a quote that provides the coverage you want with a
quality carrier, then go for it!  My CGL premiums have been going down for the
last
two years even though we are increasing the variety and level of our
activities.

Margaret A. Bogie
Ironwood Farm
Rixeyville, VA
http://www.ironwood-farm.com

***Fjords for Sale:  2003 Gray and Brown Dun geldings, 2005 Red Dun Colt***