This message is from: "Beaver Dam Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -

Thanks so much, Sue, for the great write-up on the Pennsylvania Horse Expo and the participation of the Fjords and their hard-working, talented wners. --

You're absolutely right saying that Fjord people with horses to sell should take advantage of these expos by sending in their brochures, newsletters, etc. -- It is a missed opportunity for those who didn't do it, and that includes us at Beaver Dam Farm. We have no excuse. We just let the opportunity slip by. -- But, I want to say we're very grateful to all of you for the opportunity to display our brochures and sales lists. It's very nice and very generous of you.

I was delighted to read about Joe Glick's progress with Sivert. I'd understood that he was somewhat difficult to handle, but Sue's report just shows what can be done with these horses if they're given some experienced handling and training. -- It goes to show that Fjords are horses, and need careful and experienced handling and training -- Just exactly the same as any other breed. -- They need the correct and experienced training, but the difference is that given proper training, they react and learn so much faster than other breeds.

I remember many years ago when one of our first customers, Ken Chamberlain, from NH brought two mares to Larry Poulin to train to drive as a pair. We'd imported these mares for Ken, and they were gorgeous - dark colored with wonderful stripes. -- Anyway, Larry had them for six weeks, and they were ready to go home. I was there the night he was showing them off to a clinic at his arena. First he brought out the Fjord pair and said that in six weeks of training, these horses were ready to go home to Ken who was an older gentleman who'd had Parkinson's. They were ready to be driven as a pair by Ken out and about everywhere. -- Then Larry brought out a pair of Hackneys and said he'd been training this pair for six months and they were nowhere near ready to go home. -- That is the big difference in our breed!

Things have been really busy around the farm all winter. -- Mostly we spend this "down time" getting ready for the coming season of Nova Scotia Beginner Riding and Driving Vacations, as well as the arrival of several very nice consignment horses, coming from all over North America. We're really excited about this year's consignment horses. -- Here's a brief sampling of what's coming to Beaver Dam Farm this spring . . .

An absolutely gorgeous 15 hand gelding. This horse is BIG, BIG, BIG! He's also got one of the most beautiful heads we've seen. he rides and drives, and is a lovely horse.

Two wonderful mares. Very high quality. Both with excellent pedigrees. Both proven broodmares. Both mares are in current work driving. They've had a lot of very good, practical driving through the woods and on the roads. Very road safe. Just nice, very well cared for quality mares 11 & 12 years old.

We've got an outstanding 7 yr. old gelding coming. He's had extensive dressage training, and he jumps and events. He's big and very very attractive.

Two four year old geldings of outstanding quality, both trained to ride and drive by the best.

Our trainers and instructors, Jaimie Benoit and Kelly MacDonald, will soon be on their way to THE DRIVING FORUM down in MA. I won't be attending this year, so Kelly and Jaimie will be representing Beaver Dam Farm. -- They'll be holding two raffles with the prize being a Nova Scotia Riding or Driving Vacation. -- You know we always talk about how, to our absolute delight, most of our customers become our good friends. -- Well, at the 2005 Driving Forum, two women booked, with the discount offered at the Forum. This year Kelly and Jaimie will be staying with Jenn and her husband on their way to the Driving Forum. -- Last year, when Jenn came for her Nova Scotia Driving Vacation, she brought her husband, plus their very good friends. We had a delightful week with all of them. -- If you can possibly attend the Driving Forum, don't miss it. -- For those interested in the sport of driving, this is a must. -- Last year's Forum was sold out in every way -- exhibitors and the public. -- it was a total success . . . so much so that for their second annual show, they've rented a venue several times larger. Everyone (exhibitors and public) had a marvelous time.

Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II, Ltd.
Phone: 902-386-2304  Fax: 902-386-2149
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Raised by the Sea in Health and Tranquility"

Visit our NEW Riding Vacation page on our website today!
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/pages/riding-vacation/index.html