This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "themercers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I need a couple of 6" low port Kimberwick bits.  Do any of you have
> particular companies you have dealt with that you would recommend?  There
> are a lot of places to buy them online but I've never bought from any of the
> companies.
>
> Taffy Mercer
> In sunny, 38* Kennewick, WA

Years ago, I got one thru Libertyville Saddle Shop's catalog.  It was
made in S.Korea, and took quite a while to arrive (backordered at the
manufacturer).  I had also tried to order it thru a local tack shop,
which also had it backordered.  FWIW, the local shop "lost track of"
my order, but Libertyville not only kept it in their system, they also
occasionally sent me post card updates, inquiring if I still wanted
the item!

I got the impression that the manufacturer only tools up to produce
some of the "unusual sizes" of bits when there are enough orders in
the queue to make it worth their while.  Granted, that was before all
the Warmblood craze set it---6" bits may be more standardly available,
now.

Good luck!

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon

It's also sunny here, 46*.  The grass is green, and the feral
daffodils are blooming.  They may regret that decision, as the
forecast is for a few nights of lows in the 20's later this week!