This message is from: "Beaver Dam Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm --

I need to get off my soapbox for a bit re the DVD Evaluations, and tell you
about what's happening at the farm.

INTERNSHIP PROGRAM --  We're very pleased this year to have applications from
quite a few American and Canadian girls.  It makes our summers just that much
more international to have a good mixture of European and North American
interns.  --  This year is shaping up very nicely.  We have girls coming from
Germany and Holland, and also have a girl coming from England this season.
She'll be the first British girl we've had.  --  Because of the fact that the
girls come and go throughout the season, we still have places for a few more
interns.  Our minimum stay is 6 weeks, but I have to tell you that in all the
years we've been offering the Internship Program, the girls who stay the
longest get the most out of the program.  --  It always takes them a certain
period of time to settle in, and that can be two weeks, so they really need
more time to make friends and to really understand the culture and people of
Nova Scotia.  -- So, for those of you who have daughters or granddaughters you
think would be suitable, please have them email us. -  In order to qualify for
this program, the girls need a good level of riding and horsemanship.

NEW!  "HIP"  - Horse Immersion Program -  This program is for girls between 14
- 17 . . .  girls whose horsemanship isn't yet at the level for the Internship
Program.  This is a learning program, and the cost is $650 U.S. per week, and
it includes room, board, riding lessons, horsemanship lessons, plus all the
horse activities.  -- The girls stay in our home, in a nice bedroom with one
other girl, and we always try to mix up the nationalities which allows the
girls to make the most of the cultural exchange.  --Along with riding and
other horse activities, the days are filled with shared barn work, cooking,
hiking, lawn games, and time at the beach.

As so many of our guests say each summer . . . ."What a wonderful opportunity
these girls have to be here at the farm?"

NOVA SCOTIA RIDING VACATION -  Beginner to Intermediate Level -  Our teaching
is based on dressage, and almost all our saddles are dressage saddles.  Very
small classes.  One on one lessons if needed.  --  For beginners, we start
them out on the lungeline in the Round Pen.  --  It's a great way to gain
confidence.  We have two sand rings, plus our grass driving dressage arena.
Lessons take place in all three areas, plus on the trail.  --  The vacation is
four days and includes a gourmet lunch each day (at least one on the trail), a
Wine & Cheese Welcome Party on Sunday night -  A Wine & Cheese Beach Party
with Horses,  a gift certificate from Carol & Arthur to Gabrieu's Bistrot (#1
restaurant in Nova Scotia).  --  Our program has always been based on our
serious desire to teach riding and driving, along with an equal desire to give
our guests a fun vacation they won't forget.

NOVA SCOTIA DRIVING VACATIONS -  Beginners & Beyond -  a 4-DAY program packed
full of instruction, fellowship, and fun.  Those doing the Riding Vacation and
those doing Driving Vacation are joined together for many social occasions,
including the gourmet lunches on the deck overlooking the ocean.  -- We're
also all together for the two Wine & Cheese Parties --  At Hill House, and on
the beach.  --  The Driving Vacation is geared toward beginners, but we have
sufficient staff and we're small enough so that drivers with experience can
also benefit and enjoy themselves with our quality driving horses.  --  As
always, our goal is serious instruction coupled with lots of fun and laughs.

CONSIGNMENT HORSE PROGRAM -  We're looking for a few more extra nice horses to
sell under our name in this year's Consignment Program.  --  If you have such
a horse that you need to sell, give us a call.   -  We only sell horses that
are here at Beaver Dam Farm, and in our training program.  --  People
sometimes ask us to sell their horse while it remains on their property.  This
we can't do, and we don't see how anybody else could either.  -  The only way
we can sell a horse is if we know the animal extremely well.  That means
working with him daily, and truly getting to know all his good, great, and not
so great aspects.  --  With this knowledge under our belt, we can honestly and
enthusiastically talk about him to buyers.  --  We're really concerned, for
all three parties (the horse, the seller, and the buyer) that the match we
make is as good as can be.  --  Our consigning owners love their horses, and
want them to go to a good and proper home.  We respect this, and try our best
--  try our darndest to make it happen.  --  The fact that the consigned
horses we sell are sold under the Beaver Dam Farm name means a lot to the
buyers, and means everything to us.  That's why we stress that we'll only take
qualilty horses.

FITNESS FOR FEMMES -  This is something we're trying out this year.  No extra
charge.  --  For those who wish to take part, we'll start each morning with
hikes of varying lengths.  We have great trails, and most of them have hills.
--  It's a good workout.  --  We'll also be doing some special Pilates
exercises that are highly recommended for riders.  This is the program that
FEI dressage rider, Betsy Steiner promotes.  Betsy has written a great book on
the whole philosophy, and she has other instructional DVD material available.
--  Since we teach driving from exactly the same principles as dressage
riding, we believe these exercises that stress 'Core Strength' are extremely
useful for drivers.

FAMILY VACATIONS -  Each year we welcome more and more families with children.
Because we have such a large summer staff, the children get lots of attention,
instruction, and supervision.  --  And because we have small groups, we're
able to customize your family's vacation.  If you want to do both riding and
driving, we can arrange that.  Please call to discuss your vacation.  We'll do
our best to make it what you want.

THE CHARMING COTTAGE -  The Cottage gets more charming each year with the
addition of more art and antiques, as well as more and more perennial gardens
and roses.  --  For the 2006 season, the Cottage is already booked for 9 out
of the 16 weeks.  --  We have one week left in July, two in August, and four
in Sept.
The cottage is large and spacious, has two full baths, and sleeps four -. . .
five in a pinch. -  This is our winter home, so it's fully equipped and very
comfortable.

AVAILABILITY -  We still have loads of openings for the Riding & Driving
Vacations, but please remember that the Charming Cottage is very popular,
rents early in the season, and will soon be filled.  --  In that case, we can
recommend several other nice accomodations right here in the village, or just
15 min. away in Antigonish Town.

OTHER ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA -
Fabulous scenic trips in the immediate area -
Provincial Beach Park just down the street (6 miles of pristine beachj) -
Professional Summer Theatre every night -
Great restaurants -  Our favorite is Gabrieu's Bistrot, the restaurant named
#1 in Nova Scotia for the last three years.  ---
Kayaking on Antigonish Harbour --
Championship golf in Antigonish (Arthur plays every Thursday and is always
happy to take a guest.)  -
Folk Artists -
Celtic Music & Dancing -
Painters & Sculptors
St. Francis Xavier University (#1 undergraduate university in Canada) --
Cape Breton Island with it's famous 'Cabot Trail Drive', called "One of the
wonders of the world".  --
Prince Edward Island (ferry 45 min. from farm)

We hope to be able to share our beautiful farm, the wonderful horses, the
staff, the scenery, and our great Nova Scotia weather with you this season.

Kind Regards,  Carol & Arthur Rivoire
                       Jaimie Benoit
                       Kelly MacDonald

Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II, Ltd.
Phone: 902-386-2304  Fax: 902-386-2149
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Raised by the Sea in Health and Tranquility"

Visit our NEW Riding Vacation page on our website today!
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/pages/riding-vacation/index.html