This message is from: "bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This message is from: "Beaver Dam Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I thought I'd better clarify what I meant in the paragraph below>> What I
DID NOT mean is that Evaluators might be influenced by knowing who the owner
or trainer of a particular stallion is.  -- ... Carol

That would not have been an unreasonable inference at all, apparently those
who crafted the Judge's Rule Book for the NFHR did think that special
interests, and/or conflict of interest, might very well be a valid
consideration in a judge's qualification. Maybe we should periodically check
them out? These taken from the NFHR Judge's Rule Book.

CODE OF CONDUCT GOVERNING JUDGES

-O-  no judge may be a house guest of any exhibitor at shows they are about to
judge.

-O- a judge may not be an owner of ANY INTEREST in a horse at a show he/she is
officiating. He/she may not be an exhibitor, rider, driver, halter handler at
a show he/she is officiating.

-O- a judge may not have ANY financial horse RELATED transactions such as:
sale, boarding, TRAINING, or acting as an AGENT on any transaction, unless
concluded 90 days prior to the show.

-O- no member of the judges family, TRAINER, or TRAINER'S CLIENTS may show
before said judge.

-O- if a horse is presented to a judge by a person the judge knows is
ineligible to compete under these rules, the judge must advise show committee
and ask that the entry be excused.                                   +++

Because we are a comparatively small breed society and often there is
considerable multi-tasking by a minority, it follows that these ethical
conduct guidelines are an essential mandate for fair and equal
representation.

Ruthie, NW MT US