This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Cheryl,

Your white duns come from the Modellen line.  Interesting!  Do you happen
to know who that Brown dun mare was that you saw last week?  (name, sire
and dam?)

D. Philip Sponenberg, who has studied Equine color genetics ( and wrote an
article on FJord colors available  on the NFHR website) said in his book,
"EQUINE COLOR GENETICS"  Second Edition ,  that Amber eyes are especially
common on horses with one dose of the Cremello gene.

I hope everybody with a white dun Fjord will look at their eyes and report
what color! I twill be interesting to see the results of the survey!

Jean in "balmy" Fairbanks, Alaska, where the temperature has risen to
-25.  Hey, it is all relative!