This message is from: CHERYL GARNICA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Re: fjords at auctions;

Point well taken re: auctions.  Did not mean to  cast a nasty name to them.  My
fjord initially sold at Troyers.  The three I mentioned were from Waverly.
However, the prices paid were extremely low for fjords.  Not sure if "killer
prices", one of the 3 definetly was.  Scarey!  I'm no horse seller or buyer,
but did my homework and looked at fjords in person and on internet 2 1/2 yrs
before buying, so have some idea of fjord prices asked according to abilities,
breeding and what the market bears in certain areas.

No guarantee where a horse will end up eventually whether a private sale
between 2 parties or an auction.  Read somewhere most horses bought and sold
average of 5-8 times in their lifetime.   Maybe naive, but would want to hand
pick who my fjord went to if  I ever have to sell, with the hopes of a long
term caring owner. Don't think there is a choice at auctions.

Fjords are very special and different; and in joining this forum and reading
how owners/breeders feel about their fjords, looking to purchase and scarce in
my area.......it was a surprise to me to learn they were auctioned and at those
prices.  It seemed to me people hang on to fjords much more than most
breeds...at least on this forum and the fjord yahoo list.  Guess I have a lot
to learn.  Hope fjords don't go the way of other horses: overbreeding,
undertrained (working on that one myself) and end up in feedlots.  I hope these
3 find good homes, and the buyers know what special horses they get in the
fjord.
Cheryl in S. Cal

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/17/2005 11:51:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,