This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Kate

I do a blanket clip here in Virginia - unless it is real cold or a real cold
rain, I don't blanket - then I usually only put on a waterpooof sheet.  I try
to clip them during a warm spell so their systems have time to adjust to the
clip before the next cold spell.  Our weather here in Virginia has great
changes in temps during the fall.  So far, I haven't had any shivering horses
using
this method.  The horses do have a run-in shed.  The blanket clip works real
well for us - No overheated horses during our work - no wet sweaty horses after
working and they brush up before riding much faster.

Good luck
Mary Harvey in the mountains of Virginia where we finally have some color in
the trees - about a month late this year