This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/25/2005 9:41:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Mothballs do seem to work as repellents.  We have used them
under our porch, in holes under barn foundations, etc.  Using a
handfull per location has discouraged our local skunks from staying
around the buildings.  But, if there's cat food available that might  be
more of a problem.  I saw a recommendation in a farm book once,
to build cat-food stations in places where the cats would have to
leap  to reach them (e.g., on a shelf on the barn wall) as a way to
discourage  racoons and skunks from getting the food (those
critters not being as good  leapers as cats).

I have also heard about leaving a radio on in the barn to chase the skunks
away, but some people say that the constant noise stresses the horses  out.