This message is from: "Ed Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"This message is from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

.. because
of the rotten luck with the Durango I have ruled out the ram."

Hi, ganders 31.

I think you might be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't test drive ALL
the full size pickups out there.  JMHO, but I wouldn't want you to miss out on
the Dodge trucks because of the Durango -- that's more of a soccer mom's
vehicle, apples and oranges, huh?

Everybody save your flames, my kid plays soccer too.

If you're looking at extended or crew cabs, make sure you do more than just
climb into the back seat, go for a spin as a backseat passenger.  I think my
friend's GMC has the roomiest back seat.  Don't know about the GMC beds, but
we did find that the 4-door cab on the F150 made its bed shorter than that of
the 4dr Dodge, and we needed those few inches for carriages and ramps.  I read
recently (maybe on this list?) that the GMC trucks have the best resale value.

Our old pickup died about a year ahead of schedule, so when we looked at new
trucks, Ed wanted to get a 1/2 ton, as we were getting a trailer in the same
year.  This seemed like a huge sacrifice to me,  I was certain I'd need at
least a 250 for the trailering I wanted to do.

Boy, was I wrong.  We have the Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi in it (!) and it
has been all the truck we need for a 2-Fjord bumper pull with dressing room,
all the gear necessary for showing with riders and drivers, a Kuhnle marathon
vehicle in the bed, and a family of four in the cab.  Usually a little dog,
too.  This truck has always been more than equal to every challenge, even the
hills going up to GMHA.  This truck/trailer combo isn't quite the thing for
combined driving, but I only get out to a few CDEs a year, and we're only
doing training level, so we make it work.

Like most Pony Clubbers, we haul often -- most of our trailering is within an
hour radius from home, several times a week.  We do longer trips a few times a
year.  For info on true long-distance hauling, I'd refer you to Curt P,
Vivian, or Sue G, or the out-west listers who have to drive two whole days to
get to their shows!

I took four friends to Amish country in the Ram -- a 4AM to midnight daytrip
-- the cab wasn't quite big enough for five adults for that many hours.  Next
time we'll leave Pam home and take my Riverdog instead!

News of our Fjords -- Maggie and Riena (Myrstein x Kariena) received their
Pony Club's dressage award this year, and Biddy's Maryke (Hjerter Knaegt x
Carla) was named the best all-around P Club mount !!

hey Vanessa from Westbrook, look for us at the Lower CT Hunter Pace or the
Horse Trials coming up at Mystic Valley -- I've been looking forward to
meeting you and your new Fjords!

Ann in New Haven County CT
not a Dodge employee -- actually, Ed has just signed on to a project with AM
General, so we've got a slight GM connection for a few months.