This message is from: "Ruth Bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Speaking of orange vests, there's a place near me that sells them for horses
....... Any other thoughts for fall riding in the
state  forest?  Vanessa

WE LIVE in the heart of hunting country here in the northwest and always have a concern for the safety of our animals in this season, which starts off with a literal bang this Sunday.

We have bright orange saddle blankets and always wear orange ourselves. We buy orange plastic survey tape and tie it onto the tail dock, forelock, and sides of bridle, so that the orange is visible from any angle. We also post our perimeter with orange markings, as our Fjords pasture forage.

Gene is still chuckling over yet another Moose/Fjord encounter here on the ranch. A few evenings ago he was rounding up part of our Fjord herd for the day when he spied a cow Moose and calf centerfield... their paths converging before him as he came along behind on the 4-wheeler (feeling safe =)) ...he says the Moose crossed the trail first, headed for the timbered mountains, and the Fjords as one whipped a left turn, hot to chase after them! he laughed all the way home. We have seen the Fjords chase Moose out of here before, they are fearless!

One of the foremost reasons folks love Fjords so much probably; they can always make you smile, and sometimes downright laugh out loud. =)))

Ruthie and Gene, nw mt US
http://www.frontiernet.net/~fjords