This message is from: "Ron & Sherrie Dayton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,

The incident that Warren mentioned where the lady represented her "cross
breed" as pure breed is one of the basic reasons that I've always been
against cross breeding.  For the most part the people that sell cross breeds
are dishonest and try and represent them as pure bred Fjords.  When the
horse acts less then "Fjordly" it gives us all a black eye.  We have to
fight enough of an uphill battle making the public at large understand that
these horses are more then cute little draft horses with a Mohawk. I believe
that cross breeding between two different breeds should only be done to
improve the two breeds being brought together.  I have yet to see an
"improvement" on your basic Fjord.  I actually had a guy ask if we could
recommend a Fjord stallion so he could breed his Paso mare to a Fjord!  Why
on earth would any one want to cross a Paso with a Fjord is beyond me.
I've seen Fjord crossed with Arabs, Quarter horses, Welsh's, Shetlands,
Percherons and Fjord mules.  None of them were an improvement on either
breed.

The sale where this incident took place is Private Treaty which I think
translates to BUYER BEWARE!

I have a question for Mike or someone else from the Registry, has any horse
had their papers pulled for cross breeding?  We all know that it's being
done, which means that there are stallions and or mares that are being bred
outside.  Have any papers been pulled?

Respectfully,
Sherrie
Sunwood Fjords