This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        That's the great thing about a lease, you can see if you can work
him through things or not before you buy him. A gaming pony is a very
specialized animal, I know from watching the Pony Club Nationals one
year. There is a lot of excitement, an about-to-burst feeling that is
required to get the job done, NOT what we usually look for in our riding
horses. That said, they also have to be quite controllable even while
they are feeling all of this excitement.
        As to bits, use what has been used on him until you feel safe to
go to a lesser bit. A Tom Thumb is not too bad. My mare came using a
broken kimberwick (like a snaffle in the middle, like a TT), and I put
her in the straight mouth kimberwick, which I think is more comfortable,
and after a few calm rides, we had some excitement and I was very happy
she was in a kimberwick.
        I have a girthy Morgan and I would give him a piece of carrot as
I slowly went up the holes, until he was looking forward to the girthing
process. Though he is long over this, I still give him a piece on the
last hole, since he expects it so.
        On the paper transfer topic, I always transfer any horse I am
selling myself, to make sure it gets done, and that I am no longer the
owner of this horse.
        Have fun,
        Valerie