This message is from: kay konove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I read this post with great interest, as I came to the computer today to
write about my four old Fjord mare. She is a fabulous trail horse, very
calm. She was backed last summer as a three year old and I intend to
pursue training her to drive.

However, she is displaying troubling behavior under saddle (once also
when ridden bareback). Twice at a clinic and at a show, when she was just
standing still, she dropped to her knees to roll. She lowered her head
the first time, seemingly to stretch, then she dropped. At the show,
there was no warning at all. The rider was not hurt, just frustrated. The
mare's movement is excellent.

I've been told that she is avoiding what she is being asked to do. Am I
overly concerned that it might be neurological? Thanks in advance for the
feedback.

Kay
Brimfield, MA