From: Vanessa N Weber
Date: 08/26/05 17:40:47
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Western Saddle question

This message is from: "Vanessa N Weber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All,

When I got my new Fjords, I got  saddles for both myself and my kids
(English and Western), but I'm having a problem with the Western Saddles. I
don't ride Western much so maybe someone can help me.

I'm ony 5' 1" tall but I'm heavy - so I need a big enough saddle to fit me.
Unfortunately my legs are rather short. The saddle I have fits the horses
but the stirrups are too short and I can't put them any higher because of
the way the leathers (I don't know the Western term) are too wide at that
point. Same is true with the kids saddle (kids are 5 1/2 and 7 1/2). The
seat is fine but the stirrups are too long and can't be raised any higher.

I'm going to try and trade these saddles in but would love some suggestions
on what to replace them with. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Vanessa N Weber