This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My question is: Has anyone whose Fjord suffers from runny stools
noticed a correlation between the heat and the extent of water in the
stool?

Genie, my horse Patrick had a similar problem.  He didn't have loose  stools
but he had very runny wet gas that made a total mess of his rear  end.  It
started July ' 04 and  continued to varying degrees to this  summer.  Several
things (Bio Sponge, probiotics, power pak worming etc.)  would seems to help
for
a short while but the problem came right back.   Finally a month ago I decided
to switch hay.  I bought some New York second  cutting hay and within a week
the problem was almost completely gone.  He  had been eating first cutting hay
right off the field.  Strangely enough he  is out on nice green pasture for a
couple of hours a day, five days a week and  that doesn't seem to bother him.
 Last weekend was very, very hot and humid  and for the first time in quite a
few weeks the wet gassy problem came back but  to a much smaller degree.  As
soon as the weather became cooler the problem  subsided.  That's my long
winded way of saying, yes, I think heat and  humidity may have something to do
with
the problem!  He still does have a  little excess liquid and I'm hoping that
will be gone completely as the weather  continues to cool.

Carol 'n Patrick in a much cooler CT :)