This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/14/2005 4:24:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you  want to adapt a norwegian harness for use with an english
single-horse  vehicle, you will have to add traces and shaft loops to
essentially convert
 the harness into an english style harness.

It can be done, but the  conversion is awkward and eliminates the advantages
of the using the norwegian  harnessing system.

The other option is to modify the shafts of an  english vehicle so you can
actually use the link (called the "ore" in  Norwegian) to properly connect the
horse to the vehicle. The ore pins onto the  shafts about where the shaft loops
on an english harness would normally  be.

The shafts also need to be sturdy enough to transmit the pull of  the horse
to the vehicle.

I'm not saying it can't be done ... it's just  that there's more to the
problem than just using a different type of  collar.

DeeAnna

DeeAnna,

I would love to see pictures of it. Next year I plan to get a custom cart
made for my mare. If I can or do get a Norwegian Harness I can make sure the
cart is made for it.

Shari