This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/13/2005 2:17:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I am  trained as a ophthalmic technologist ( human ) I do know that blue eyes
are  subject to more light sensitivity than brown or green. Add contact
lenses  to that and it doubles your need for sunglasses. I know that it may
not  correlate to horses but it would make sense that blue eyed horses are
more  sensitive to light. From my experience a blue eye is a blue eye weather
it  be equine or human.

Roberta

Roberta,

I am glad you brought this up. I have light blue eyes and I will tell you
first hand, I can't deal with Sun light as well as people with brown eyes. I
have to wear some sort of hat or sun glasses as it can get painful.
I have seen Walleye/Blue eye horses with the same problem.
Granted not scientific, but I think it can be the same in any  animal.

Shari