This message is from: M Korose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yes
You can take geldings and be in an evaluation.  I would think that an owner
would want to do this because:   1) they have fun showing the horse in various
disciplines and he is good at it  2) they wish to stay involved and active in
Fjord events  3) a good score for a gelding assists the record for a good
sire/dam
I would suggest that the owner attend an evaluation or two and see just what is
involved (costs, equipment, level of experience involved, "atmosphere" of the
event, etc.
I am not sure, but I believe a horse must have a conformation evaluation in
order to be eligble for a medallion with the performance tests, I think that
one could enter the performance tests only and get scores, but a medallion also
includes a conformation test.
Anyway, go find an evaluation (in your half of the country!) and test drive the
situation before.

Marsha
Owner of Caribu the wonder Fjord, blue ribbon gelding with a silver medallion
in Intro performance.  NE Versatility champ also.  Now earning his oats at
Morven Park Equestrian center with a 68 year old driver/rider  career number 3?
or4?
http://mail.yahoo.com