This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/10/05 1:45:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am not trying to make trouble but I am confused.  Why is Dusty breedable
> and not full siblings?  I personally do not breed anything that does not
> have quality siblings.   Also why would all his colts need to be gelded?
> Where there not any of quality to maybe use as studs?  And then if they were
>
> not of quality why was Dusty still used?  I guess I feel your note is
> missing things I don't understand.
>
> Hi Lisa,

Yes, I guess you did miss the point I was trying to make, but I think Amy
answered for me.  Thanks, Amy.

Once again, this was a long time ago before most folks in the Fjord world
were even thinking about the big picture - the fact that the Fjord population
was
relatively small as was our gene pool.  As I said earlier, it had to start
somewhere and that was my feeble attempt of ONE to protect the future of our
Fjords in this country.

Yes, several of the colts that I gelded were quite good, but a good stallion
prospect makes a GREAT gelding.  Also, the buyers were mostly newcomers and
did not know the first thing about dealing with stallion hormones.  I sure did
not want to see any of Dusty's offspring ending up in the category of 'nasty
bugger', due to operator error.

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR