This message is from: "Eike Schoen-Petersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Regarding the information on registration of all offspring of all matings
within the Fjord breed I would like to point out that the mother country
does not register the "blue-eyed-cream-dun" (homozygous dilution factor) as
a legitimate color of a Fjord Horse.  The colors registrable are:  brown,
red, gray, white and yellow.  This is not because of discrimination but
because of experience from 150 years ago.  Then these horses occured often
because genetics was poorely understood and white duns were popular.
Therefore there were quite a few matings white dun x white dun, producing
statistic 50% kvit.  These horses were often not happy in bright sunlight.
>From personally knowing some blue-eyed creams in other breeds (i.e.Welsh
Ponies) I know this to be true.  That is why this color was excluded from
the breeding program and for us the rule of the land of origin stands.
There is a range of individual variations of the kvit as there is in the
other colors, so determining of genotype is not simple.  ---  I happen to
own a white dun licenced stallion and I would refuse any white dun mare.
But then breeders in Germany seem to be well enough informed about the
situation and there are enough good other stallions to pick from.

Eike Schön-Petersen
Germany