This message is from: Lisa Sherrodd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have twin daughters. They are 7. We have been having
great fun this summer by hiking trails and taking the
kids on their ponies with a lead rope. That way hubby
and I get some exercise and the kids can come along. I
still fully tack the ponies and allow the kids to
control them, but I keep them on the leadline for
added control from myself. That works well for us.

The ponies we have are registered Swedish Gotland
ponies. They stand about 12 hands which is the perfect
size for this. I figure we'll keep the ponies and use
them for packing once the kids have outgrown them and
moved onto their own Fjords.
Lisa
In the Black Hills of South Dakota

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs