This message is from: "Gail Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I did an informal lease agreement with a horse person who was a known
commodity (so did not feel I had to spell out care requirements).  It was a
lease that allowed the horse to be bred.

We took two precautions that I am now glad of.  We insured the horse.  It
cost the lessor $150 for insurance covering the horse for $5000 for a year.
I also havean American Horse Show Association membership that includes a
liability policy.

This worked out well for a year.  This morning the lessor's husband called
me to tell me that their horses had gotten out onto the road (near Lubbock
Texas) and Karisma had been hit, and killed instantly.  A car with four farm
workers in it had hit her. They seemed fine, but the paramedics put cervical
collars on all of them and took them to the hospital.  There will be some
hospital bills involved.

The insurance policy means the horse is covered, and I will be paid for the
lost horse....possibly more than I could have sold her for.

 It turns out that Texas is open range, and the farm workers could have to
pay ME for the horse, but I was awfully glad this morning that I had the
AHSA insurance coverage!  I have no doubt that a savvy personal injury
attorney would look into the ownership of the horse in order to try to get
the biggest recovery possible.

Gives you an idea of what can go wrong.

Gail