This message is from: "Catherine lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ruthie,

I am afraid that you misunderstood what I meant by selecting a stallion from
The Record Book.

The Record Book now gives a mare owner the material in their hands to
evaluate the right stallion for their particular mare. .... Breeding is
finding the right MATCH...

I breed to other stallion with our mares because I am looking for the right
MATCH for my mares. I want IMPROVEMENT from my breeding. I want to take two
"Reds" and make a "Blue" and I have done just that with our breed program
here at our farm.

I did not say that EVERYONE should breed to "Blue" stallions... I am saying
that now that scores on some of the stallions registered in the registry are
public, the pubic can be more educated in selecting a stallion for their
mare.

There may be better stallions out there but until the owners get them
evaluated, the public can only go by their own knowledge.

The Record Book is just one more TOOL to help the mare owner decide on a
"date" for their mare.

As I have spoken before and have written about in articles. If a stallion
has a weak hind end you do not want to breed your mare to him if she has a
weak hind end also. It is all about making the right match.... and The
Record Book is a great way to begin your research.

Going out to play with Fjordees,

Catherine Lassesen
Hestehaven = The Horse Garden
Where we are enjoying our great Fjords... pairs, 4 up and foal training...
never a dull day never the same day twice..... Gotta love it.