This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Neem oil is extracted from the seed found inside a smallish yellow fruit
(looks like a Kumquat?) of the Neem Tree (Azadirachta indica). It has
been used a long, long time in India, and it's interesting that the trees
are not cultivated per se, but grow at the edges of villages, and in the
wild. There is an annual co-operative gathering of the fruit, and it is
washed to remove the husk, then the oil is extracted by either a cold
press method, or thru chemical extraction, which I read is not a bad
method in itself, but that the resulting oil is often stored in drums
that have held nasty chemicals - maybe a good idea to check the source +
extraction methods...there is horticultural grade and a higher personal
use grade. Pretty intersting stuff.

I'm going to see about finding a product with it in it, as we are
mosquito central here w/ flood irrigated pastures and the Carson river
nearby, which is still very high and impassable, thus curtailing some
across the river riding unless we haul over.

102 today. UGH. spent the whole day unpacking and cleaning up, and
generally wilting from the heat, after a great weekend away at the
Trinity CDE in N Calif. Took my NF (non-fjord) big guy Tomas, and we made
it home in one piece ready for more next month...

Karen McCarthyGreat Basin Fjords :: Carson City,
Nevadahttp://www.picturetrail.com/weegees