This message is from: "Pat Holland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We are two weeks from the 20th Anniversary MWFHC Show in Blue Earth.

Blue Earth Central has now grown from my dining room table, my kitchen
counters,  to the living room and lately to the bedroom as well, (as in
boxes stored) - it has taken over every aspect of my life, from cooking, (as
little as I need to) cleaning (none) and even sleeping.

I am not complaining, the Blue Earth show has become more of a family
gathering than a high competitive show to me over the years and I am very
glad I can be a part of it. For me, personally it is a time to reconnect
with my friends that I have met because of the Fjord horse.

Working this show over the past year I am often sent emails and receive
phone calls from people whom are showing their Fjords for the first time -
and they remind me what this show is all about. ALL of us began once. ALL of
us remember the first time we worked in a show ring and ALL of us remember
what it felt like. We remember our mistakes, our misunderstandings, our near
misses, and we all remember the first time our good "partner" did what we
taught them and performed as we hoped.

Jane Savoie has a great book called "Its NOT Just About The Ribbons" and
that is what the Blue Earth show is truly about. Taking pride in your
individual accomplishments, using the show as a test to see if what we do at
home with our horses transfers in competition, and its a place to set some
goals and see if we can reach them. The Blue Earth show is NOT just another
show. Its a place for ALL of us, no matter if its a first time, or 100th
time in the ring or we have a seasoned horse or a green horse.

This year is special to me, my daughter will be showing in riding, driving,
showmanship and draft. My husband is coming and showing in draft and
driving. I will be showing a very special stallion for Susan Crawford, whom
has never been shown before. I will be reliving on a personal level all the
things people write/call me about, so I not only understand their feelings
but carry them as well to heart.

I just want all of you whom are coming to Blue Earth in two weeks that each
and everyone of you brings something different with you. If you are a
first-timer, there are people whom can help you and are willing to do so, if
your coming with experience, please utilize that and use yourself as an
example with camaraderie and a helping hand.

With that said, Guy and Martha Martin - Martha being our MWFHC newsletter
editor, has graciously donated a Hennings Fjord carving to be given away at
the Blue Earth Show. After much consideration I've decided to allow this
beautiful carving to be a symbol of what this show stands for. It will be a
"people's award"  - "Friend of the Fjord". I will have a box on the
hospitality table and nomination slips of which throughout the show - you -
will choose who will get this award.  It can be awarded to the first time
exhibitor, who shows great courage, or to the exhibitor who has been there
and done it and still comes back, it can be given to an individual who may
not even show, but helps in an outstanding way,...you will decide who it
goes to. And I know YOU will choose well. Everyone can vote once, all
nominations will be signed and will ask why you want this individual person
to receive it. It will be awarded at noon on Wednesday, the last day of the
show.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Blue Earth show.
Pat Holland, Show Chairman