This message is from: Dagrun Aarsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everybody from fairly-new Washingtonian Dagrun!

My adorable fjord Sneip still hasn't joined me - I reluctantly had to admit that having a steady income would be wise before using the rest of my funds to ship him over. So now I'm job searching aggressively, and planning my own business for later (or as a back-up plan).

I started teaching riding lessons one day a week at Elk Run stables in North Bend, it's a lot of fun. The location is right between high mountains and it truly reminds me of Norway - just driving there is a treat.

One of my students (my favorite - a wonderful woman) is looking for a horse to buy and she is fascinated by fjords (and of course I'm shamelessly encouraging her). She does not have a lot of experience but can ride walk, trot and canter and loves trails. She needs a horse that is steady, solid on trails and that can do some dressage later. No need for jumping or even driving so far. She is tall so I imagine a fjord that is 14h2 or bigger would suit her best.

The horse will be kept at Elk Run and occasionally be used for lessons when she isn't riding herself. Their horses get exceptional care and the barn is extremely well run with focus on the horses' well-being. They even rotate the turnout paddocks weekly so the horses don't get bored.

Budget-wise she was initially thinking to spend around $3,500, but she has considered horses up to $5,000. Gelding or mare. The horse doesn't need to be fancy or breeding quality, just friendly and safe. If the temperament is right, I think the level of training is less of an issue, but trail experience is important.

If you have horses to suggest, please shoot me an email and I'll talk to her. Thanks!

Dagrun in rainy Seattle, WA