This message is from: "MARK DANIELSON" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I really enjoyed the copy of Dr. Bennett's paper concerning growth plate
maturation rates.  As a new fjord owner I was wondering how much a mature
fjord is expected to safely carry?   Previously I have had  larger horses - 16
hands and over, but my 14.3 fjord mare seems very able to perform, in fact she
is learning to "go round" much quicker than other horses I've started.
Another related question:  as breeders, do you think there is a trend to breed
larger fjords?   Or should the breed standard remain the same?  It seems as if
sometimes the taller height of a fjord for sale is highlighted as a desirable
feature.

Patti
Washington