This message is from: "Nancy Blauers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everyone!I've been lurking for a spell and when I saw the notes on the
potential founder I had to write! Please take this very seriously! My QH
gelding had almost identical situation about three weeks before he really
foundered. He was very ouchy on his front feet one morning, my trainer
called the vet, who ruled out founder.We gave "Sam" a week off from
training. This was about 3 weeks before he really was in trouble, during
this time he seemed ok, so we started light work again. "Sam" then broke
out in hives, then had a really bad upper respiratory incident at a show.
The following weekend, my trainer found him lying down in his paddock
late in the afternoon and could not get him to stand. She pulled her
trailer up close to him, managed to get him up just enough to get him in
and then hauled him to the closest Equine Hospital. He was given
antibiotics& DMSO intravenous. After the intitial onset of laminitis,
which occured in ALL FOUR FEET! we brought him home and waited to see the
degree of rotation, which can happen a month to 5 months after the
initial onset. We had several x rays taken during the course of this time
and found that Sam had rotated  11 degrees in his left and 9 in his
right.His hind feet were fine. We hired a farrier who had extensive
expereince treating foundered horses. It was close to a full year before
he was sound and ridable again.My vet says he has recovered 100
percent. I now only enjoy him for a little arena work &  trail riding,&
I watch his diet like a hawk.He's out right now playing with my  fjords,
his best buddy is little Theodin! There are so many triggers to set off
this horrible illness, and so many ways that it can creep up on you like
Sam's did. Please get another opinon fast! Best of luck to you and please
keep us updated. Nancy BlauersGeneva,Fl