This message is from: "Robert Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,
In the Equus magazine during the past year or so there have been several
articles on 'grass'. One was titled, "Danger in the Grass" the study came from
Wales. It was very interesting stating that the sugar level in the grass rises
during the day and decreases in the evenings. This had to do mostly with 'cool
season grasses'. It stated that people with the smaller breeds of horses that
are most susceptible to founder graze their horses late in the evening. Then
in January and February 2005 there are the articles dealing with insulin
resistance. The articles helped in our management, although I had been
limiting the time on grass for a long time, my mustang has the same problem.
Once he nearly foundered in January !! In Montana!! One would think the cold
would lessen the chances.

Now, would folks be interested in sharing some of their favorite horse sites?
We could probably build quite a list from our diverse membership. Just a
thought.

Bonnie
Helena
cloudy, some sun, rain since last Wednesday when most areas received over an
inch! Hopefully this will slow down the fire season....or give us lots of fuel
to when it dries out again.