This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 4/11/2005 7:32:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> My PMU mare has a brand that looks like it could be an A on top of a V on
> her right shoulder.  It is very faint and hard to see.  I am hoping it is
> clearer when she sheds out.  I tried scanning her with my scanner and did
> not get anything.   I ran the scanner on both sides of her neck.  Should I
> have looked elsewhere?  Do I need a different scanner.  I have a destron
> scanner.

My understaning is that the Destron scanner can not read the Avid chip.
And I am told that the Avid scanner can not read the Home Again chip, so it
is kind of a dilemma.
When we lived in Michigan, everybody used Home Again chips and here in
California they use mostly Avid.  So half of my animals have Home Again chips
and
the others have Avid chips.
Wish there was one scanner for all.
Rondi.