This message is from: "Ruth Bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My take on the Fjordhorse handbook subject... no one is at fault =)))))))

it all stems from the inadvertent choice of wording on the order form
advertisement for the NFHR booklet, which promotional titling made it appear
to be a replica of sorts. While it was not incorrectly done, when coupled with
the words "Fjordhorse" and "new," it mistakenly gave the impression that there
was more to the title than there actually is.

When Carol saw the title grouping she probably assumed there was a NEWly
created booklet that mimicked her own.. ..which I suppose would certainly be
disconcerting to any author.. she probably felt a sense of betrayal, hence her
honest reaction. (after all, there it was in print right before her eyes!)

I can understand her gut response, it was natural under the circumstances, as
it appeared to her that the inspiration for her handbook had been usurped, and
was being peddled with the same title.

While I shouldn't presume to speak on Carol's behalf, I do hate to see discord
and personal offenses directed toward her over this matter. As mutual Fjord
enthusiasts, I suggest we overlook this misunderstanding in our list 'family.'
Carol's handbook has been a considerably valuable contribution to the world of
Fjords and their owners. I  wholeheartedly recommend it, and the NFHR booklet
as well.

Ruthie, nw mt