This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Lisa Wiley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> This is for my minis but I will eventually getting harness for my Fjord.  Has
> anyone ever used a Euro Collar?  Pros and Cons?  It looks like it would work
> very well.  http://www.carriagecorner.com/page7.html   It is very pricey
> $295.

This comes up on CD-L (the Carriage Driving List) from time to time.
Some folks think the Euro Collar is great; some folks hate the
concept.  It combines aspects of both the breast collar and neck
collar.  Some claim it takes the best parts of both styles; others
feel it uses the WORST features of both!

As I recall, the last time it came up, someone said that they are not
yet being made in sizes small enough for ponies or minis.

Personally, I recently became a convert to neck collars, after driving
my donkey for years in a breast-collar harness.  She basically said,
"What took you so long?!?"---she goes much better in the full collar
than she ever did in the breast collar.  But, what style of harness
you use has to be "matched" to your vehicle.  A neck collar won't do
the right thing with a road cart, and a breast collar isn't designed
for a low-draft vehicle (or for "dirt work"---pulling anything along
the ground).

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon